Taverna Agora Wine Flights
4:41 pm, Thursday February 16th, 2023
Can’t decide which wine to enjoy on the rooftop? Try a little bit of everything with our featured wine flights! Sip, savor, and swirl 3 different types of wine curated by our bar staff. We’ll provide you with the tasting notes, origin, and our recommended food pairings.
Wine selections for the flight will change monthly so you’ll always have a chance to try something new and exciting!
February’s Wine Selections:
- Seméli Mountain Sun
- Varietal: Agiorgitiko, Shiraz/Syrah
- Region: Greece / Peloponnesos
- Tasting Notes: Aromas of cherry and raspberry. Notes of plum and blackberry with a touch of spice. Noble tannins, long finish. Pairs well with dishes with tomato sauce and grilled meats – like our Grilled Tomahawk Pork Chop or Braised Lamb Shank!
- Markou Retsina
- Varietal: Savatiano
- Region: Greece / Continental Greece / Attiki
- Tasting Notes: Aroma is citric and herbal. Notes of pine with lemon and pear with a long, balanced finish. Pairs well with summer vegetables and seafood – perfect with our Fisherman’s Pasta!
- Oenops Aplá (Απλά) Dry Rosé
- Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon, Xinomavro
- Region: Greece / Macedonia / Drama
- Tasting Notes: Aroma of fresh flowers. Notes of cherry and strawberry with crisp acidity and a characteristic long lasting aftertaste. Pairs well with many Greek and Mediterranean dishes like our Souvlaki Platters or Pastitcio!